Friday, July 4, 2008

Girls Camp

I've been back from girls camp for two weeks now and I still have two
bags that are not completely unpacked. WOW - that is LAZY! So it's
completely different going to girls camp as theYW President. Last year
I went, had fun, enjoyed my time - the end. This year I went, had fun -
and worried the entire time about every girl and every leader from our
ward. Not that I was worried about what they were or weren't doing. I
was just always so concerned that everyone was happy, and safe, and healthy, and having fun, and feeling loved, etc, etc, etc. I really had nothing to worry about because my camp director was fabulous and had everything planned perfectly! My cabin moms and YCLs rocked, and everyone had a blast. Despite a scraped chin, some broken teeth, and lots and lots of bug bites, everyone came home happy and having felt the spirit - SUCCESS!!!

Notice the orange pj pants. We made them before camp. Let's just say there was no mistaken who was from the Hawes ward!

Anslea and Jenna trying out a new style.


Gotta love bathroom duty!

John got to come up again to do the 4th year rappelling. He loved it so much he says next years he's staying the whole week.

The 2nd year hike was quite an adventure! I got to go on this exciting 7 1/2 hour hike, and they actually sent a rescue party to look for us. We were so filthy after a long hot day, hence the pics of the dirty faces and feet - those are my feet, and yes, I was wearing shoes and socks, both of which are now ruined!




Our ward's skit was the BEST! We did the Napolean Dynamite dance and the girls rocked it. We celebrated our success with a dance party in the cabin. The whole cabin was literally shaking!


The entire bishopric came up on the last day, and we really enjoyed the Bishop's teaching time, and being able to spend time with them doing service, playing games, throwing knives and having testimony meeting. If you're actually reading this you can ask about the knives.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad it went well, So SAD to have missed it, SO glad it was YOU, and so...oh...so many emotions, you rock and the girls are so dang lucky to have you!

The Hall Family said...

I LOVE GIRLS CAMP!!! AND I LOVE CAMP LOMIA!! I am so jealous that you got to go. I would love to go back. I seriously have so many awesome memories at that place.

{jennifer} said...

Looks like you and the girlies had lots of fun! I wish that I got to go to Camp Lomia growing up, it is so fun and I think I would have liked camp a lot better. Camping in the dirt with tons of spiders at Camp Taylor - not so fun:)

Ana said...

Is that Camp Lo-Mia...those pic's make me remember my girls camp years.. "32nd ward was the best!!!!" plus i'd recognize the lodge any day.. dang that makes me wanna go to girls camp!!!! looks like you had fun! too many good memories at that place... Do you remember when we did the ward Camp-out there!!! i remember that being so much fun!! too..

Lauryn said...

looks like everyone had lots of fun! :)