Monday, August 18, 2008

Tate Started Kindergarten

So I finally have something to blog about. Our life has been pretty
boring since my last post, but now we have EXCITEMENT!!! Tate started school last Monday - I know I promised pics last week, but last week was the longest week of my life - I was sicker (I know that's not a word) than I ever have been, but I'll spare you the details! Anyhow, we went and met Tate's teacher Mrs.Ctibor on Friday. Tate was so excited to see his classroom and find his desk. He checked out everything twice and
was patient with his brother who had to check everything out too. Monday morning Tate wasn't convinced that he wanted to get up early to get ready, but the mention of packing his lunch in his Simpsons luch box (he really has no clue who the Simpsons are, but John convinced him that they are cool) and he was ready to move! We got there in plenty of time for me to walk him to his classroom and take a few pics. He was doing great and so was I - until I gave him a hug. I didn't cry, but I did get teary eyed, even more so when I asked him if he wanted me to stay or go, and he said go. He hasn't had to be talked out of bed since. He loves school and is excited to go everyday - but he isn't too fond of homework! I'm glad I get to have a year with Jack before he starts preschool. We have all sorts of big plans for our time together. I'm so lucky to be a mom and to get to spend my days doing all the fun mom stuff! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Tate had to smell the sticker his teacher gave him - after he put it on his shirt.

Checking out the new classroom and desk - Jack always close by!


Ready for his back to school father's blessing - what a great Dad!

Gotta get a first day of school picture in front of the house.

Waiting outside the classroom for the bell to ring.

"OK mom - that's enough pictures - you can go now."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I can't believe our kids are in kindergarten! Tate looks so cute... I am glad he loves school. Trey loves it too, but I was such a baby and cried a lot.

The Hoopers said...

Congrats to your big kindergartener! I totally get the hug goodbye tears. I now have a tradition of drowning my sorrows at Sonic after the first day of school drop off. It helps a little!

The Hall Family said...

I can't believe how much little Tate is growing up. I am glad he likes school. What are you gonna do with all the extra time next year with 2 kids in school? :)

Brad's Mom said...

I loved back to school night and the first day of school, especially when they got older :-)

{jennifer} said...

This makes me sad that Tate is old enough for real school! I will have to call you next year for a pep talk when I have to send my baby;) Tate looks sooo cute and excited to go!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! And hate to think of it,ooohhh I'm so torn!

Simantha said...

congratulations!! I hope mine is as ready to go to school when her time comes as was Tate.

paul said...

He looks so handsome! I still can't believe he is in school- I get teary eyed just thinking of Max starting in a few years! :( You have such cute boys. Thanks again for letting me know about "jumping beans"- I'm excited for Max & Jack to go together. Cute post of Tate's first day- he's such a good little boy. -Sara

Kristina said...

Oh how did YOU do?? I bawl every time! Its so exciting for them, but I feel like thats when my kids stop being my little kids. WHHAAAA!!