Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quick Trip to Grandpa's Cabin

Jason was down from Oregon this weekend and talked us into a very quick trip to the cabin. We were there for less than 24 hours, but it was totally worth it. We had dinner at the Strawberry Lodge. (FYI stick with the all you can eat fish fry on Friday nights, and DO NOT order the open face roast beef sandwich - NOT GOOD AT ALL - fake mashed potatoes, fake gravy, fake meat too I think!) The weather was beautiful, and the kids got to see deer, elk, and even a culture - really a vulture, but Tate called it a culture. We got to enjoy a short thunderstorm on Saturday afternoon, and then it was back to the valley heat. Oh-well it was great to get away!






12 comments:

The Hall Family said...

Luckily Pine isn't too far away to drive to for a quick get a way. Looks like fun and I bet the weather was great.

Anonymous said...

Now THATS my idea of camping!!!

Brad's Mom said...

How fun to go with J. Your boys are so cute!!

paul said...

Way quick trip! Glad you had fun AND took pics! It's good to see Jason doing well too.

Simantha said...

your boys are so cute! hey i tagged you go to my blog and see what you have to do

Simantha said...

your boys are so cute! hey i tagged you go to my blog and see what you have to do

Colleen Coleman said...

One time we had dinner at the dennys in payson, and Sarah said "Mom I think somebody already chewed my meat for me". I think Sarah already chewed your Roast Beef and they saved it from all those years ago

Foote Family said...

Looks like it was fun. The boys are so big. We need to go camping.

Flaherty Fam said...

It is always so nice to get away for a little bit, especially when it's to someplace cooler. I love that Tate called a vulture, culture...too cute.

Anonymous said...

well look what the cat brought in...
I just found you guys! I'm pretty bummed that we've been that out of touch that I was unaware of you in the blogging world.
How the heck are you guys? We really need to see you when we come to AZ. Not sure when it will be, but serious!

Lisa said...

I just want to squeeze those kids! They're too cute!

Anonymous said...

extra fun camping and hunting fam. And to see marie in a westwood sweatshirt looks wrong, until i think that I wear jeremy's highschool dobson shorts all the time.