Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Heart Day

I just have to say that I have a wonderful and thoughtful husband. He worked really hard to make me a Valentine gift that was extremely heartfelt and it is something I will always treasure. He got together some of my Marathon pictures and memorabilia from three years ago, and put them into a shadow box. It is something I've said I needed to do but never did. I think the thing about it that meant the most though, was the letter he wrote on the back. I'm so glad I have a guy who will support me in all my crazy endeavors and is proud of me in the end! He also gets props for the beautiful flowers, but not too much credit, considering that I told him before we were even married that he was required to buy me flowers for Valentines Day every year. (My mom taught me that if you want a guy to know what you want - you have to spell it out for them.) He's done great, and I've gotten my flowers every year for seven years now.



5 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Good job John! I am still ever so impress with your running a marathon! It was fun to find your blog! Your boys are getting so big! Such handsome little devils! We miss you guys too! We plan on thawing out in AZ this summer so we will see you then! I wish it was sooner!
Nat

Flaherty Fam said...

That was so sweet. I love when hubbies really step it up and do something great.

Hollie said...

aahh...i actually hate the valentine holiday and told chad never to buy flowers on holidays like that cuz they are so expensive! i don't want him to buy me something just cuz it is a holiday. i know call me crazy but i love it when he just shows up unexpectedly with flowers, cards, or chocolate! john did a good job with surprising you with that shadow box! he gets kuddos from me! i love the gifts that take time and thought! :) can't wait to see you when we move back down there! here is my number 928-242-1020 call me and give me your number as well...would love to talk! :)

Anonymous said...

He's a keeper!!!

Brandis said...

That's so cool! I didn't know you ran the marathon! Was it a once-in-a-lifetime thing or will you do it again? John did a nice job on the shadow box, what a nice husband. :)