Monday, February 4, 2008

The O says Ahh

Tate is learning to read which is very exciting! It is so fun to have him sounding out words all the time. At this point he only knows his short vowel sounds so E says eh, O says ahh, U says, uh, etc. So yesterday we are at my brothers house for a reverent superbowl Sunday dinner when Tate comes up to me very concerned and tells me he needs to tell me a secret. I'm thinking maybe he's going to tell me that he wet his pants or something tragic, but no, this is what he whispered in my ear, "Mom, that word over there on the wall says fart." He was obviously confused and concerned as to why anyone would want to decorate their walls with that kind of word. I attempted to explain that sometimes vowels make the sound of their name, I think he kind of understood, but not completely. We sure are glad that the FORT name has always provided us with a bit of humor!!

1 comment:

Brandis said...

That is hilarious! You gotta give the kid credit for sounding it out. :)