Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tate's Journal Entry

Last night Tate decided that he wanted me to help him write in his journal because it was his last night being four years old. It's usually torture to get him to give me even a few words to write down, but last night was a different story. Here's what he had me write.

"I hope that I will have fun at my birthday and um, I hope my grandma that she will have fun tomorrow night. And bless Chayden that he will come home safely. And I hope that Gage, that he will have fun at preschool. And I think when I was 3 or 4 we went to Disneyland. And I hope that daddy can go to church next week. And I hope that Chayden, that he will play with me when he gets back from his trip, in the driveway. And I like the zoo. And I hope Hailey that she will come home safely. And we bless her that she might be 6 or older than me when she comes back from her trip. And I hope that mommy and daddy, that they will sleep well tonight. Bless Jack and me. And I hope that Maisy sleep well tonight. And I hope daddy, and I hope me, that I will feel better. Bless my cough to go away (forced cough, cough). And I hope that my ball doesn't get in the street. And I hope that the still small voice will tell me "Don't go in the street." I hope he will tell me that if I don't look both ways. And I like my toys. And I hope we will have a good birthday for me. And that's all."

7 comments:

Robin said...

That was awesome!

Lauryn said...

awww too cute!

Anonymous said...

Precious! I am a little disapointed that Jaxon didn't make the list though...because Tate gets prayed for almost every night! (where's the love???)

Mandy Abbott said...

Oh I love that! Tate is too cute. What a cool thing for you to do for him as a mom by the way! I hope he had a great birthday! I love the pictures from Amazing Jakes. Thanks for meeting us there! We love you guys.

Flaherty Fam said...

That is such a good idea and Tate is such a cutie. Kids always say the most random, but adorable things.

Foote Family said...

You boys are huge!! And they are cute.

paul said...

I've read this so many times- I love it! esp. the forced cough! What a priceless journal entry! He is going to crack up someday when he reads this- I have several times! He's going to love it. :) -sara