Monday, May 5, 2008

Tate is 5!!!

I've been holding off on doing a birthday post for Tate until we were finally done celebrating. His birthday was the 22nd of April. He opened presents that morning, went to In and Out Burger for lunch, and then Red Robin with both sets of grandparents for dinner - quite a busy day! On Sunday we celebrated again with birthday dinner at our house, more presents and a fabulous Star Wars cake made by Aunt Katie. We finally wrapped up the celebrating just this last Saturday with another party for Tate's friends. We played Star Wars games, hit eachother with homemade wrapping paper light sabers, ate pizza and cupcakes and had way too much fun. Needless to say, I am glad all of the festivities are finally over!

I am so grateful for my sweet boy and I really cannot believe he is five. He is such a good boy. He is so kind to his brother and they play so good together. He has a complete obsession with Star Wars right now, but loves to watch all movies. He says he wants to be a Star Wars guy when he grows up so he can be in a Star Wars movie. I really wouldn't be surprised if he does wind up doing something in the film industry, because he really is obsessed! My favorite thing about Tate is that he will tell me several times a day "I sure love you mom". I love him so much and am so glad he's mine!


When he first woke up he wanted me to measure him to see if he was taller because he's 5.





That night we had to measure again just to make sure.


Pictures of the kids party are still coming - stay tuned.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- My computer is...challenged to put it mildly...so remind me to put those pictures from the party on my pocket drive, to take to my parents house, so I can put it on a disk there! CUTE PHOTOS!!!

Mandy Abbott said...

Tate, When my tooth fell out it didn't hurt it just was bleeding alot. The tooth fairy brought me a 5 dollar. I'm sorry I missed your party. Happy Birthday. I miss you.
Love,
Hailey

{jennifer} said...

I can't believe he is 5! Very cute cake and such a cute boy:)

Brandis said...

I can't believe how grown up he is! He was such a cute little guy when we first met you guys and now he's a cute big boy. :)
Okay, so I entered the lottery to run the St. George marathon and it made me think of you. I'm still so impressed that you ran it & ran it well. I'd be happy to finish it at all and thrilled to be in under 6 hours! :) Any pointers??

Flaherty Fam said...

What a fun birthday! My nephew is 5also and is totally into Star Wars too. That just cracks me up because I loved it when I was little. Good things never die. What a fun mom you are. Tate is such a cutie.