Friday, May 23, 2008

Two Years ago

Memorial weekend two years ago is when John decided our lives weren't exciting enough and he opted to spend his holiday weekend in the hospital. As I'm writing this I still cannot believe it happened. So here's a brief flashback of how our Memorial weekend went down two years ago.
Friday
10 PM - We arrive at Gilbert ER - John's symptoms: vomiting blood
11 PM - First blood transfusion
Saturday
1 AM - Second blood transfusion
2 AM - Nurse tells me I need to contact family members - reality hits that I may become a single mother
5 AM - Third blood transfusion - obviously still losing lots of blood
8 AM - Ambulance transport to Maryvale Hospital ICU - We still have no idea what's causing the bleeding
10 AM - John has a violent reaction to a sedative, punches a nurse, and is restrained to his bed
12 PM - Finally sedated, receives an endoscopy to reveal a tear in his esophagus, it is glued and then clamped
1 PM - Fourth blood transfusion
Sunday
9 AM - Fifth blood transfusion
Monday
10 AM - Moves out of ICU to a regular room
Tuesday
1 PM - Goes home
What a long and crazy weekend! So for now and for forever my Memorial Day Weekend will be when I remember the mercy of my Heavenly Father who spared the life of my incredible husband.





16 comments:

paul said...

I didn't remember that it was Memorial Day Weekend. It was all just starting as I type this- very scary time. Truly a miracle. Glad he is still here today! Love ya John. -Sara, Paul, & Max

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!!! It would be an understatement to say I'm glad things turned out well, so I won't say it! Love you guys!!!

The Hoopers said...

And weren't you like 9 months preggo at the time!! Thankfully everything turned out ok.

Anonymous said...

NICE HEADER!!!!

Flaherty Fam said...

What an absolutely horrible experience. I guess now you can say that Memorial weekend could not get any worse than that one, so they can only go up hill from there. I am so glad there was a happy ending.

{jennifer} said...

I remember this as being so scary and bizarre! I am so thankful everything turned out great and there are no lingering health problems. Seems like bad things happen to you guys when you are pregnant! Didn't you get in a car accident when you were around 9 months with Tate? Darn trials. Thank you answers to lots of prayers!

Oh and I love the new layout slash header!!! Very cute.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Who pimped your blog??? It looks AWESOME!!!

The Rogers said...

Hi Marie.
I am happy to hear from you. Your blog is very cute and fun to read. Except this post! I'm glad everything turned out well, what a scary experience!!! Your family is adorable and you look fantastic too. Glad to see it!

Colette Goodman said...

It seems like it should be longer then just 2 years since this happened. I'm glad everything is good now. And I never knew that Jon punched a nurse.

Colette Goodman said...

It seems like it should be longer then just 2 years since this happened. I'm glad everything is good now. And I never knew that Jon punched a nurse.

Brandis said...

I remember that and I'm SOO glad things turned out okay!! Those pictures speak volumes. I hope you had a much less eventful Memorial day this year and all the years to come, cuz SHEESH! :)

Kristina said...

Oh my goodness what a horrible story! Devin was in a horrible car accident the first year we got married and I remember just laying in bed and holding onto him so tight, being so greatful that he was still with me!

The Hill's said...

Hi Marie - I know we don't know each other very well, but we have met a few times through Mandy Abbott and I found your blog on her's. I couldn't help but comment on this post! How scary! It almost brought tears to my eyes thinking of going through something like that! You are so strong! How thankful you must be looking back on that! Hope this Memorial Day was MUCH MUCH better!

Take care....your family is darling!

Love, Megan Hill

elise said...

i'm speechless...i had no idea about any of this. also, your blog is adorable! how did you do it?

Clay's gal said...

I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog! I'll add you to my bloggin buddies! We had fun at your house on friday! Can't wait till next month!

I remember John telling Clay and I about that! SOOOOO scarey!
Lindsey Jeppsen
clays-gal.blogspot.com

Ana said...

What a scary and tramaitizing thing you had to go through..i'm glad you got to keep your husband..
....isn't it funny how times like those the times that you never ever think or want to happen,...make you in an instant realize how good you got it and how much you don't wanna let it go .. and it sends you straight to your knee's pleading with the lord for another chance to keep your happiness.. you are truly blessed!..anyways.. i can keep going but i won't ...i just have to tell you i love your new blog layout it's really nice!!