Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tate Says....

So here's the latest and greatest from the mouth of Tate.

Yesterday it was a bit stormy, and there were a couple of really loud bursts of thunder. Tate came out of his room and asked what it was. I told him that it was thunder, and that I love the sound of thunder. He replied that he did NOT like the thunder. He went back into his room, and the next time he came out he told me that the thunder had stopped, and asked if I wanted to know why it had stopped. Intrigued I replied, "Yes." He explained, "I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to turn it off and He did." To which I responded, "Well I like thunder." Without missing a beat he replied, "Do you want me to turn it back on? I can just say another prayer and turn it back on." We should all have that much faith!

A few nights ago in his bedtime prayer Tate said, "Bless me that when I turn 8 I can get bathtubbed." Normally he says bathtized, but bathtubbed is much funnier. John and I started cracking up, and the reverence was gone quite quickly. I sure hope Heavenly Father has a sense of humor.

Tate is responsible for cleaning his room and doing one other chore each day before he watches TV or plays video game. His favorite job is dusting because he can get it done in under two minutes. The other day I asked him to vacuum the tile downstairs - which he's done several times before. He whined and complained for about 20 minutes before he finally said, "Mom, I can't vacuum, it's exhausting!" I asked him if he even knew what exhausting meant. He replied, "Yes. It means tiring and I can't do it!" Call CPS on me now! I'm giving my 5 year old "exhausting" chores.

6 comments:

thebigcookiefam said...

Sooo cute, I love to listen to kids perception of life. We haven't seen "Tape" in a long time!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Jaxon has had some awesome comments lately too! Are you going to be able to come Tuesday night? I'm kinda scared for you to be there...already being an instructor and such...it's a little intimidating...But...I would still LOVE to have you there! (should I stop rambling now?)

{jennifer} said...

Oh, how super sweet. This is when you know you are raising your boys right with cute prayers about thunder:) The chore comment is super funny!

Flaherty Fam said...

Those were such cute little stories. That's what I love about a blog because you can write down those cute little things and go back and laugh at the memories.

Anonymous said...

Boo DAVID COOK! I was always an arch-angel, alas, I will be a groupie and buy his awesome church CD that is bound to come shortly!
SO You Think You Can Dance????
What about America's Got Talent??? Come on!!! Where's the love???

Emily said...

Wow, your new blog layout is super cute. I'm jealous. :)